What is Sightline?
Sightline Festival aims to provide an annual platform for Christian artists/groups involved in the creative & performing arts to come together in the North East of Scotland to celebrate God’s creative expression through faith-inspired performances and projects that join us together as one church.
We are starting small but seek, with God’s grace, to grow to become a beacon of artistic expression and discovery that will facilitate transformational change in our lives and community.
We look to include “Arts” in the widest sense, in all forms, digital and traditional, including dance, theatre, plays, craft, and music. However, as a Christian Arts festival we seek to engage with, and support, artists and groups whose output and central ethos is consistent with the Christian faith and have as their primary purpose the propagation of Christian truths and ideals. Some artists will work overtly with Christian themes while others will embrace broader themes but with their Christian faith providing the foundation to their practice and outputs.
Sightline Festival operates with Christ at its centre and on a foundation of prayer. We believe this is key to our integrity and humility as a festival as we seek to follow His example by serving others. We believe in a creative God and seek to reflect this through the performing & creative arts.
We believe in:
- The transformative capacity of Biblical foundations for individuals, communities and society.
- Art as a reflection of a creative God and its ability to speak to hearts and minds.
- Being good stewards of gifts and talents and developing the creative skill to authentically communicate to the world around.
- Performances/concerts/installations/exhibitions, etc. being a means to an end, not an end in themselves.
- Valuing Biblical integrity and ethical behaviour at all times.
- Delivering high quality service and experience in all our activities demonstrating excellence of both process and end product.
- Valuing the rights, responsibilities and dignity of individuals engaged in our activities.
- Caring for the well-being and long-term development of all the artists/groups we work with.
- The developer of an artistic work being the owner of that work.
- Environmental and economic sustainability.